Photo via Indiana State Fair
The 2017 Indiana State Fair kicks off on Friday, August 4 and lasts through Sunday the 20th. General admission tickets are $12 once the fair is in full swing. Purchase them online before August 4 and you can get yours for just $8. Still too steep? Visit on a $2 Tuesday and you’ll enjoy both a $2 admission and special $2 concessions available throughout the fair on these days.
Still looking to save more? If you plan right, there are a few ways you can attend the fair for free.
- Monday 8/7: Chevrolet Military Day offers free admission for former and current members of the armed forces.
- Thursday 8/17: AAA members get in free.
- Wednesdays: Get the Indy Star the Monday before (8/7 or 8/14) for a free State Fair ticket. 8/9 is Pork Day and 8/16 is Farmer’s Day
- Children 5 and under area always free
Parking for the fair is $5. However, there are a few ways to trim your parking expenses.
- Park at the Glendale Mall and take a free shuttle
- Enjoy free bike parking at the Monon Gate
2017’s theme “The Wonderful World of Food” has our mouths watering already. Let the countdown begin!